Melrose, Martin Luther King Jr. and Elmhurst Branches are closed due to excessive heat. We apologize for the incovenience.
Paws to Read!
The 2014 Summer Reading Challenge is June 14 – August 9. This year, we are presenting you with a new challenge: to read for at least 20 days during the summer.
How to Play
- Sign up online or come to your neighborhood library to receive your reading log.
- Choose whatever you want to read, and start reading.
- Track your progress online and add optional book reviews to share with friends. For every day you read or are read to, add an online sticker or put one in your reading log.
- Pick up your coupon prize packet after 10 days of reading. Coupons include Chabot Space & Science Center, Children’s Fairyland, Fentons Creamery, Lawrence Hall of Science, Oakland Ice Center, Pasta Pomodoro, and Round Table Pizza.
- Choose your free book and get a badge and a raffle ticket when you complete the 20-day reading challenge.
- Get an extra raffle ticket for reading 30 days, 40 days and 50 days. Raffle prizes will be drawn throughout the summer; our grand prize raffles will be drawn at the end of the challenge, and include a family membership in Children’s Fairyland (for children 0-4) or an iPad (for children 5-14)
Visit http://www.oaklandsummerreading.com/ for a details about performers, activities, prizes, free lunch, and summer challenges for teens and adults.