Want to get a job, get a promotion, or switch careers? Learn a new skill or two with Lynda.com from LinkedIn Learning for FREE with your OPL library card!
What is Lynda.com? Lynda.com offers more than 12,000 video-based training tutorials and development courses on business, technology, and new media design. You can choose one (or several) learning paths, browse subjects, make learning playlists and explore as many lessons as you'd like.
To access this valuable resource, you will need:
- A digital device (desktop computers are available at all branch locations, laptops can also be used at Dimond Branch and Chromebooks at Martin Luther King Jr. Branch)
- Your library card
- Internet access (wifi is available at all OPL locations)
- An internet browser (the Lynda app does not currently work for access for free OPL access)
To access Lynda.com through our website you can click here or:
- Visit oaklandlibrary.org
- Once you're on our home page, click the "ONLINE SERVICES" button (circled in red)
- Click on "Online Research and Learning"
(If you do not have a library card, click on "Apply for a Library Card" [highlighted in yellow])
- Scroll down until you reach the "Business" section
- Click on Lynda.com (or just use this link )
- Once on Lynda.com, type your library card number and pin
- You're in! You can choose one (or several) learning paths, browse subjects, make learning playlists and explore!