The Library Advisory Commission reports and makes recommendations to the Oakland City Council on Oakland Public Library policies; provides citizen oversight of Measure Q and Measure D tax funds; and advocates on behalf of OPL programs and services.
The Commission consists of 15 seats, appointed by the Mayor and Council.
The public is welcome to attend the Commission’s meeting which are held on the last Monday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
Please note that meetings are rescheduled when observing a holiday.
Library Advisory Commission Members (3 year term):
- Caleb Smith, Co-Chair, 11/14/20 - 11/13/23 (second term)
- Nathaniel W. Dumas, Co-Chair, 09/14/20 - 09/13/23 (second term)
- Carolyn Moskovitz, Vice Chair, 11/13/18 - 11/12/21
- Tyron Jordan, 11/14/19 - 11/13/2022 (second term)
- Cathy Smith, 06/19/18 - 01/18/2021
- Mary Forte, 08/19/18 - 08/18/21
- Ada Chan, 11/13/18 - 11/12/21
- Alternier Cook, 11/14/18 - 11/13/21
- Mary Going, 1/16/20 - 1/15/23
- Jessica Jung, 11/13/18 - 11/12/21
- Joseph Karwat, 11/13/18 - 11/12/21
- Angelica Valentine, 10/16/20 - 10/15/23 (second term)
- Mary Jo Cook, 6/24/19 - 6/23/22
- Ayushi Roy, 11/17/18 - 11/16/21