Melrose Branch Library is closed for the rest of the day today, Tuesday September 27th, due to excessive heat. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Fines and Fees
Please return library materials on time. You will be charged the current replacement cost for each item not returned. There are no refunds for replacement fees, even if the lost material is recovered. If the item is returned damaged, you will be charged a damage fee.
Fines and fees are payable at any Oakland Public Library location by cash or check. You can also pay your fines online.
- Adult Print Materials & Music CDs: 25¢ per day, $6.00 limit per item
- Adult Magazines: 25¢ per day, $1.50 limit per item
- DVDs & Books on CD: $1.00 per day, $6.00 limit per item
- Tools: $1 to $20 per day, based on tool’s value
- Teen & Children’s Print Materials and Music CDs: No fines
- Teen & Children’s DVDs & Video Games: $1 per day, $6.00 limit per item
- Lost Materials (including tools, children’s & teen materials): Cost of replacement
- Damaged Materials (including tools, children’s & teen materials): Varies with each item
- Missing or Damaged Barcode: 50¢
- Library Card Replacement: $2.00
- Interlibrary Loan Request: $2.00 request fee
- Computer Printing: 15¢ per page, 50¢ per page of color printing (available at Main Library and 81st Avenue Branch only)
- Birth & Death Certificate Copies, Obituary request: $4.00 per name requested
- Collection Fee: $10.00 charge for collection services when at least one item is at least 60 days overdue and there are total fines of $50.00 or more