Please return library materials on time. You will be charged the current replacement cost for each item not returned. There are no refunds for replacement fees, even if the lost material is recovered. If the item is returned damaged, you will be charged a damage fee.
Fines and fees are payable at any Oakland Public Library location by cash or check. You can also pay your fines online.
Children and teen library users will not be charged late fines.
- Adult Materials: 25¢ per day, $6.00 limit per item
- LINK+ and ILL Materials: $1.00 per day
- Tools: $1 to $20 per day, based on tool’s value
- Teen & Children’s Materials: No fines
- Video Games: 25¢ per day, $6.00 limit per item
- Lost Materials (including tools, children’s & teen materials): Cost of replacement
- Damaged Materials (including tools, children’s & teen materials): Varies with each item
- Interlibrary Loan Request: $2.00 request fee
- Computer Printing: 15¢ per page, 50¢ per page of color printing (available at Main Library and 81st Avenue Branch only)
- Birth & Death Certificate Copies, Obituary request: $4.00 per name requested