Oakland Public Library offers computers, including Internet access, for free use by our cardholders. You can have a maximum of one hour of total computer use per day. You can find more information about the use of our public computers here.
Reserve a Computer
Adult computers at the Main Library are drop-in only - no advance reservations.
- For reservations, please click here.
If you need assistance reserving a computer, please call the Main Library's Information Desk at 238-3134.
The Library also offers free wireless (wi-fi) Internet access at all our locations. There are no limits on wireless access, and a library card is not required.
All locations have black and white printing available from our networked computers. Color printing is available at 81st Avenue, and the Main Library.
Black and white printing at all branches costs 15¢ per page. Double sided printing will still be charged per page (a double sided copy is the same charge as two pages.) Color printing costs 50¢ per page.
Our Mobile Printing service allows you to print to a library printer from outside the library or from your mobile device. Pick up your print job at these locations:
- Black and white prints at Main, Asian, 81st, Golden Gate, Martin Luther King, Temescal
- Color prints at Main, Asian, 81st, Martin Luther King
Download step-by-step instruction sheets below:
The following locations have a self-service station for scanning documents: 81st Ave, Chavez, Eastmont, Rockridge, and the Main Library.
You are able scan documents to a USB drive, email, fax, and more. The station has a book scanner to scan individual documents and a sheet-fed scanner that quickly scans a stack of documents.
- Scan-to-Print (Main/81st only): $0.15/page for black and white, $0.50/page for color
- Scan-to-Fax: $0.15/page for domestic, $1.00/page for international
- All other Scan functions: Free of charge