The TeenZone is a unique, recreational facility that challenges expectations of what a library space can be (Bring your snacks! Listen to music!). When school is out, the library is full of teens using our computers, participating in our weekly programs (buttonmaking, video games, etc.), studying, socializing, reading, checking out our Teen Opportunities Board, playing our board games, and many other activities. Our staff welcomes teens and are eager to provide assistance. At least fifteen teen volunteers work every week in the TeenZone.
- Computer lab with 12 computers
- Two private group meeting spaces
- Lots of comfortable seating
- Multi-media area for gaming, programs, and instruction
- Books, audio books, manga (the largest collection in the East Bay!) and graphic novels, DVDs, CDs, magaiznes, and video games
- Teen art displays
- Come visit us during the Main Library's regular hours or attend one of our many teen events.
For more information, please contact directly:
Brian Boies, TeenZone Librarian
TeenZone, Main Library - Second Floor
125 14th St. (between Oak and Madison)
Oakland, CA 94612