The TeenZone is a unique, recreational facility that challenges expectations of what a library space can be (Bring your snacks! Listen to music!). When school is out, the TeenZone is full of teens using our computers, participating in our daily programs (video games, buttonmaking and other crafts, etc.), socializing, reading, studying, checking out our Teen Opportunities Board, playing our board games, and many other activities. Our staff welcomes teens and are eager to provide assistance. At least twenty teen volunteers work every week in the TeenZone and help us keep the space running and lively (fill out an application today!).
- Computer lab with 12 computers
- Two group meeting spaces
- Lots of comfortable seating
- Multi-media area for gaming, programs, and instruction
- Books, audio books, manga (the largest collection in the East Bay!) and graphic novels; DVDs, CDs, magazines, and video games
- Dinners (4:oo pm Monday through Friday) and snacks (1:30 pm Wednesdays and Friday) served to teens throughout the year.
- Teen art displayed on almost every surface, including a large art wall with rotating exhibits (bring some for us to show!)
- Come visit us during the Main Library's regular hours or attend one of our many teen events.
For more information, please contact directly:
Brian Boies, TeenZone Librarian
TeenZone, Main Library - Second Floor
125 14th St. (between Oak and Madison)
Oakland, CA 94612