Meeting room fees vary according to the organization booking the room.
Meeting room refunds are not available.
Group 1: Exempt from fees
- A nonprofit under IRS Code 501(c)(3) and open membership group that is co-sponsored by the Library Department.
- Any City of Oakland Department or governmental agency directly serving residents of Oakland, i.e., Alameda County, California, or US government agencies.
- A non-profit community group from the immediate neighborhood of the facility, whose purpose is the betterment of the community, such as Concerned Citizens of Brookfield Village or a Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council.
- An Oakland Unified School District school-affiliated parent or youth group such as the PTA.
Group 2: $15.00 per hour
- An organized club or special interest group that has been granted IRS Code 501(c)(3, 4 or 6) non-profit status with open membership, such as the League of Women Voters, private schools or colleges. The group must have a formal organization with officers.
Group 3: $30.00 per hour
- Other public or private civic, cultural, educational, charitable or political groups not previously mentioned.