Due to a network problem, public internet computers are down at all OPL branch libraries. There is currently not an estimate for when service will be restored. Call your branch to check current status. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Meeting Room Fee Schedule
Meeting room fees vary according to the organization booking the room.
Fees are not refundable for cancellations made later than 2 weeks before the scheduled meeting date.
Group 1: Exempt from fees
- A nonprofit under IRS Code 501(c)(3) and open membership group that is co-sponsored by the Library Department.
- Any City of Oakland Department or governmental agency directly serving residents of Oakland, i.e., Alameda County, California, or US government agencies.
- A non-profit community group from the immediate neighborhood of the facility, whose purpose is the betterment of the community, such as Concerned Citizens of Brookfield Village or a Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council.
- An Oakland Unified School District school-affiliated parent or youth group such as the PTA.
Group 2: $15.00 per hour
- An organized club or special interest group that has been granted IRS Code 501(c)(3, 4 or 6) non-profit status with open membership, such as the League of Women Voters, private schools or colleges. The group must have a formal organization with officers.
Group 3: $30.00 per hour
- Other public or private civic, cultural, educational, charitable or political groups not previously mentioned.