The library will be closed on Friday, February 12th, for Lincoln's Birthday. All locations will be closed on Monday, February 15th for President's Day. All locations except Main, Brookfield and Eastmont will be closed on Tuesday, February 16th, for President's Day. Thank you.
Meeting Room Fee Schedule
Meeting room fees vary according to the organization booking the room.
Meeting room refunds are not available.
Group 1: Exempt from fees
- A nonprofit under IRS Code 501(c)(3) and open membership group that is co-sponsored by the Library Department.
- Any City of Oakland Department or governmental agency directly serving residents of Oakland, i.e., Alameda County, California, or US government agencies.
- A non-profit community group from the immediate neighborhood of the facility, whose purpose is the betterment of the community, such as Concerned Citizens of Brookfield Village or a Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council.
- An Oakland Unified School District school-affiliated parent or youth group such as the PTA.
Group 2: $15.00 per hour
- An organized club or special interest group that has been granted IRS Code 501(c)(3, 4 or 6) non-profit status with open membership, such as the League of Women Voters, private schools or colleges. The group must have a formal organization with officers.
Group 3: $30.00 per hour
- Other public or private civic, cultural, educational, charitable or political groups not previously mentioned.