Affordable Care Act (ACA)'s next round of open enrollment starts November 1, 2015 and ends January 31, 2016. The first date 2016 enrollment can start is January 1, 2016.
- California’s site: www.coveredca.com – information in English, Spanish, and eleven other languages.
- Alameda County’s site: http://achealthcare.org/
- Phone: You can call 211 for more information.
- Federal information: https://healthcare.gov – information for individuals and small businesses.
Other Useful Websites
- MedlinePlus, at http://medlineplus.gov, also has multilingual information.
- Consumer Reports Health Insurance Product Ratings at http://consumerreports.org/healthinsurance compares various options and includes useful resources.
Need more help?
- Contact the Reference Desk at the Oakland Public Library, Main Library, at 510-238-3138.
- For advice on legal matters involving health access, call the Alameda County Legal Advice Line from Bay Area Legal Aid: Schedule: Mondays and Thursdays 9:30am-3:00pm; Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:30am to 1:00pm, at (510) 250-5270.
- Call the Alameda County Health Care Services Agency Health Insurance Technician Unit at 1-800-422-9495 to set up an enrollment appointment.