The library will be closed on Monday, September 5th for Labor Day. All locations except the Main Library and the Brookfield and Eastmont Branches will be closed on Tuesday, September 6th for Labor Day.
JOB ON! Secrets to Job Search Success
Free classes to help you get the job you want!
This is a four-part series of classes, offered at the Main Library and Dimond Branch.
Main Library Schedule:
Class #1: Prepare to Get the Job You Want
Tuesday, March 5, 10 am - 12:30 pm
- Overcome roadblocks to success
- Get to know your skills and interests
- How to plan your search
- Build you support system
Classes #2 & 3: The Nitty Gritty of Job Searching
Tuesday, March 19, 10 am - 12:30 pm
Tuesday, March 26, 10 am - 12:30 pm
- Network, network, network!
- Finding job ads
- Finding jobs that are not advertised
- Job hunting on-line
- Learning about potential companies
- Writing a cover letter and resume that get you noticed
- Using social media
Class #4: How to Rock Your Interview
Tuesday, April 2, 10 am - 12:30 pm
- What to wear: see sample outfits
- What to say and not say
- Preparing for an interview
- Dealing with illegal questions
- Practice, practice, practice!
- What to do after the interview
- How to learn from rejection and move on