All library locations closed January 21, 2019 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. All branch libraries and AAMLO (except Main, Brookfield and Eastmont) will be closed January 22, 2019.
Get Extra Money for Groceries Each Month
Free, expert help enrolling in the CalFresh Nutrition Assistance Program (aka food stamps).
To qualify for CalFresh, you need to:
- Meet the gross monthly income limits
- Not be receiving SSI (Supplemental Security Income). If there are other household members living in the home who do not receive SSI, they may be eligible for food stamps
- There is no resource limit ( if you have children under 18 years old)
Still not sure if you qualify? That's ok - get your questions answered.
If you'd like to enroll, please bring copies of the following information with you:
- I.D. card (any type is OK)
- Social Security Number (for everyone in the household who has one)
- Legal Permanent Resident Card (for everyone in the household who has one)
- Proof of Income (check stubs or letter from employer)
- Proof of Expenses (rent, utilities, child care or child support)
- Medical Expenses (If over the age of 60 or disabled)
Help available in English and in Spanish.