All library locations will be closed on Monday, May 25th, for Memorial Day. On Tuesday, May 26th, all library locations will be closed except for the Main Library, African American Museum and Library at Oakland, and the Brookfield and Eastmont Branches.
Finding Foundation Support for your Education
The Foundation Center presents a workshop for grantseekers: Finding Foundation Support for your Education.
Learn about tools and techniques for seeking financial support for higher education.
Are you looking for undergraduate scholarships?
Are you a graduate student seeking doctoral support?
Are you seeking funding for continuing education?
Join us for our introductory class on obtaining financial aid for your studies. We'll dispel some common myths about foundation support and discuss:
- What you need to know before approaching foundations
- The different sources of funding
- How to create a personal profile to attract funders
- Resources that provide information on scholarships from foundations and other grantmakers
- The application process, including tips on how to make your application successful
The program will include a guest speaker from an East Bay scholarship fund.
The Oakland Public Library is a Foundation Center Collaborating Collection