All library locations will be closed on Monday, September 1st for the Labor Day holiday. The Main Library, AAMLO and the Brookfield, Eastmont, Piedmont Avenue and Golden Gate branches will be open on Tuesday, September 2nd. All other library locations will be closed that day.
Finding Foundation Support for your Education
The Foundation Center presents a workshop for grantseekers: Finding Foundation Support for your Education.
Learn about tools and techniques for seeking financial support for higher education.
Are you looking for undergraduate scholarships?
Are you a graduate student seeking doctoral support?
Are you seeking funding for continuing education?
Join us for our introductory class on obtaining financial aid for your studies. We'll dispel some common myths about foundation support and discuss:
- What you need to know before approaching foundations
- The different sources of funding
- How to create a personal profile to attract funders
- Resources that provide information on scholarships from foundations and other grantmakers
- The application process, including tips on how to make your application successful
The program will include a guest speaker from an East Bay scholarship fund.
The Oakland Public Library is a Foundation Center Collaborating Collection