You know how it is when you just LOVE an author and you want to make sure you know the instant one of their new books comes out? Well, now we can help you with that!
As of this week, our users are able to save up to 25 preferred searches in the catalog. This is, basically, a way of letting us know your preferences, and giving us the chance to email you when new materials that match your preferences are added to the catalog. What a great way to get to the front of the holds queue!
So, how do you do it? First of all, this doesn't work in Encore, and only works in the Classic Catalog. So, take yourself over to the Classic Catalog and log yourself in. Then just follow these steps:
- Search for your favorite author, or for a subject of interest to you. The options are limitless.
- After you have performed your search click on the button that says "Save as Preferred Search".
- Once you have saved all the searches you want to save, click on "My Account"
- Click on "Preferred Searches"
- For each preferred search that you would like an email notification for, click the box under "Mark for Email"
- Click "Save"
- Make sure that we have a current working email address on file for you!
- Wait for an email telling you we have added new items that fit your search.
- Put fabulous new items on hold and be first in line.
- Do a happy dance!
For the curious amongst you, here are some of the Preferred Searches I'm thinking about setting up: