Being a brand new parent is a joyous but sometimes scary event. After all, you have to pass a test to drive a car but no test is required to become a parent. You want to do your best for your baby and that best is probably pretty sleep deprived right now. But do not fear - the library is here to help you.
We offer baby storytimes every week. These lapsit storytimes, called "Baby Bounces" are 15- minutes long and filled with gentle rhymes, songs and movement that will start your baby on the path to reading. After each Baby Bounce, there is a play time with age-appropriate toys. This is a great chance to get out of the house, stimulate your baby's brain, meet other babies and their caregivers, share information, and make new friends. Check out our Baby Bounces at the following times and places:
- Dimond Library. 3565 Fruitvale Ave. Wed. @ 10:15 am
- Golden Gate Library. 5606 San Pablo Ave. Tues. @ 11:15 am
- Lakeview Library. 550 El Embarcadero Wed. @ 11:30 am
- Main Library Children's Room. 125 14th St. Tues. @ 10:15 am
- Montclair Library. 1687 Mountain Blvd. Thurs. @ 11:30 am