School's out for summer and it's a great time for you and your family to explore the many attractions the Bay Area has to offer. OPL's Discover & Go program makes it easy and cheaper to do just that.
1. Go to: discover.oaklandlibrary.org cheap to do just that. Here's how it works:
2. Enter your library card and your PIN numbers.
3. Search either by the date you want to visit a museum ("what's available next Tuesday?") or by the place itself ("when can we go to the Lawrence Hall of Science?").
4. Pick where and when you want to go. When you are ready, click on "Reserve Pass" and print it out. It's that simple.
Oh, the Places You'll Go.* Here are some of my faves:
- Asian Art Museum, SF - Free admission for 2 adults and all children under 12.
- Cartoon Art Museum, SF - Free admission for 2 adults and 3 children.
- Lawrence Hall of Science, Berkeley - Free admission for 1 child with a paying adult.
- UC Botanical Garden, Berkeley - Free admission for 1 adult and 1 child (ages 5-12).
And to up the ante even more, if you sign up for the Adult Summer Reading Program and use a Discover & Go pass, you are 1/3 of the way towards entering their raffle and winning prizes.
There are some restrictions, so be sure to read the rules carefully. And please remember to visit Oakland libraries this summer. We have tons of free programs too. http://oaklandlibrary.org/events
* Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go! (1990)