It is never too early to start reading with your baby; she will associate the security and pleasure of your lap with reading and will want to learn to read when she is older.
- Read with your baby every day.
- Try board books. Board books are books with hard pages your baby can throw, bite, and hit.
- You don’t need to read the words at all. Just point to the pictures and talk about them.
- Have him flip the pages. Let him play with the book.
- Comment as you read. Connect what you read to what's happening in her life.
- Keep their board books in the same place as toys.
- Let your child see you reading for yourself and enjoying it.
- Come to the library often! Find new books and come to storytime.