All library locations will be closed on Thursday, November 23rd and Friday, November 24th, for Thanksgiving.
Library Advisory Commission
The Library Advisory Commission reports and makes recommendations to the Oakland City Council on Oakland Public Library policies; provides citizen oversight of Measure Q tax funds; and advocates on behalf of OPL programs and services.
The Commission consists of 15 seats, appointed by the Mayor and Council.
The public is welcome to attend the Commission’s meeting which are held on the last Monday of the month at 5:15 p.m. in the Brad Walters Community Room at the Main Library, 125 14th St.
Call the Director's office, 238-3281, to confirm meetings in case of cancellation or change-of-venue. Please note that meetings are rescheduled when observing a holiday.
Library Advisory Commission Members (3 year term):
- Victoria A. Barbero, Chairperson, 11/13/15 - 11/12/18
- Andrew Racle, Vice-Chairperson, 11/13/15 - 11/12/18
- Ain Bailey, 09/14/14 - 09/13/17
- Reginald Constant, 10/16/14 - 10/15/17
- Kerrick Goodman-Lucker, 11/13/15 - 11/12/18
- Nidhi Khosla, 11/14/16 - 11/13/19
- Dr. A. Aurea Lewis, 01/16/17 - 01/15/20
- Laura Liang, 11/14/16 - 11/13/19
- Ken Lupoff, 06/19/15 - 06/18/18
- Lesley Mandros Bell, 06/24/16 - 06/23/19
- Sarah McClung, 11/14/14 - 11/13/17
- Rosa Montgomery, 11/14/15 - 11/13/18
- Susanne M. Perkins, 08/19/15 - 08/18/18
- Rebekah Randle, 10/05/14 - 10/04/17
- Charles Sanchez, 11/14/15 - 11/13/18
Library Advisory Commission meetings
Library Advisory Commission 6/28/04Monday, June 28, 2004 - 5:00pm
Library Advisory Commission 5/24/04Monday, May 24, 2004 - 1:15pm
Library Advisory Commission 4/26/04Monday, April 26, 2004 - 1:15pm
Library Advisory Commission 3/29/04Monday, March 29, 2004 - 1:15pm
Library Advisory Commission 2/23/04Monday, February 23, 2004 - 1:15pm
Library Advisory Commission 1/26/04Monday, January 26, 2004 - 1:15pm